Job opening: Full-time Film Festival Programmer
Out In Africa Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, based in Cape Town, seeks a full-time Film Festival Programmer to assist us in fund raising for and planning and implementing a Gay & Lesbian Film Festival in Zimbabwe. This is a full time multi-faceted position working out of our offices in Cape Town – start date 11th January 2009.
Key responsibilities will include:
- strategic planning;
- fundraising, donor liaison and report writing;
- programme development, measurement and evaluation;
- materials development on issues pertinent to the work of Out In Africa;
- developing advocacy campaigns for LGBTI rights in Zimbabwe;
- building strategic alliances at national and regional level;
- supervising the publication of Out In Africa programmes.
The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of LGBTI cinema / queer issues. Excellent verbal, written communication and computer skills are required. Fluency in English and Shona is a prerequisite and a knowledge of graphic design; event planning; grassroots marketing is desirable. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate consultative processes.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 4th December 2009.
Out In Africa is a great team, consisting of Nodi (the festival director), Sharon (the deputy director), Theresa (Administrator), Maureen (Production Assistant), Carol (Financial Manager), Arthur (see the Out With Art section) and many others. For the complete list, see our "About Us" page.
Email this author | All posts by Out In Africa