Regulations For Submission of Film(s) to the Out in Africa South African Gay and Lesbian Film FestivalOIA Film Festival 2010 Film submission form (352 downloads)
- No films to be submitted without complete entry forms.
- If you are sending by Airmail – please register the parcel so that the Festival must sign for it in South Africa, otherwise post tends to go astray.
- All viewing-tapes to be clearly labelled.
- All submissions to include the following: approx. 200 word synopsis, 2 stills from the film either in hard copy or scanned to JPEG with 300 dpi, complete filmography/biography of the director.
- Viewing tapes and any promotional material submitted will not be returned to the sender.
- No material sent at charge of Festival will be accepted.
- We can preview NTSC or PAL – DVD or VHS
- In the event of your film being selected it must be available in Beta SP PAL format or 35mm print in English or with English subtitles.
- The holder of copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts of a maximum of three minutes available to television channels and for use on the Out in Africa website for the promotion of the film and the Festival.
- The holder of the copyright authorises the Festival to make a copy of the film for distribution to the press in South Africa.
- In the eventuality of your film being included in the OIA line-up, we request exclusivity – that is your confirmation that the film will not screen at any other South African Film Festival until it has screened at the OIA Festival.
The deadline for submissions to arrive at the Festival offices for the September 2010 Festival is 30th May 2010.
PO BOX 15707
27 Caledon Street